Thai Barbecue Beef Salad
Yield: 6 servings.
More From Oxmoor House
Amount per serving
- Calories: 161
- Calories from fat: 32%
- Fat: 5.7g
- Saturated fat: 1.9g
- Monounsaturated fat: 0.0g
- Polyunsaturated fat: 0.0g
- Protein: 20.2g
- Carbohydrate: 7.2g
- Fiber: 0.0g
- Cholesterol: 55mg
- Iron: 0.0mg
- Sodium: 527mg
- Calcium: 0.0mg
- 2 tablespoons fish sauce
- 1 jalapeno pepper, seeded
- 2 cloves garlic
- 3 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon lime zest
- 1 tablespoon Spicy Southwest Chile Oil
- 4 shallots, thinly sliced lengthwise
- 1/2 cup lightly packed fresh mint, chopped
- 1/4 cup chopped green onions
- 1 1/2 teaspoons peeled, grated gingerroot
- 1 pound sirloin steak (1 1/2 inches thick)
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- Vegetable cooking spray
- 8 cups mixed salad greens
- 3 tablespoons chopped fresh cilantro
- 1/2 cup diced sweet red pepper
- Combine first 3 ingredients in container of an electric blender; cover and process until smooth. Add lime juice and sugar; cover and process until smooth. Stir in lime zest.
- Divide mixture in half. Stir Spicy Southwest Chile Oil into one half of sauce mixture. Add shallots, mint, green onions, and gingerroot to remaining half of sauce mixture. Set aside.
- Sprinkle steak evenly with 1/2 teaspoon pepper and salt. Coat grill rack with cooking spray; place on grill over medium-hot coals (350° to 400°). Place steak on rack; grill, covered, 8 minutes on each side or to desired degree of doneness. Remove steak from grill; let stand 5 minutes. Slice steak diagonally across the grain into 1/4-inch-thick slices; cut slices into 1/4-inch-thick strips. Combine steak strips and shallot mixture; cover and chill thoroughly.
- Combine mixed greens and oil mixture; toss well. Arrange on salad plates; top with steak strip mixture. Sprinkle with cilantro and red pepper.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Appetizers