TFC - Tandoori Fried Chicken
Share Your Personal Recipes
You can now share your personal recipes with the MyRecipes Community by making a new or existing recipe "Public".
Go to My Recipe File
- 2-3 Chicken thighs & legs skin on
- 3-4 tablespoon(s) all purpose flour
- 3-4 teaspoon(s) Tandoor Masala (powder)
- 2 teaspoon(s) ginger & garlic paste
- Good Glug of olive oil/wine/lemon juice
- 2-3 cloves of garlic cut into fine slivers
- chilli powder & flakes to taste
- 1 teaspoon(s) sugar
- orange food colouring (optional)
- 1 teaspoon(s) salt
- fizzy water - enough to make the batter
- Mix flour/spices/liquid ingredients & paste all together, add 1 tsp of sugar.
- Careully, keeping the skin attached to the meat, peel back & make small slits for the garlic slivers, push firmly into the meat.
- Take the marinade & rub onto the meat (really into the slits to permeate)
- Carefully pull the skin back over & dip into remaining marinade, leave to infuse
- Heat a deep fry pan of oil to a medium hot temperature
- sift 3-4 tbsp of plain flour (maida) add 1 tsp of salt, a sprinkle of chilli powder & tandoor powder & (optional) food colour, mix a small amount of fizzy water and lightly beat to a batter consistency
- Dip chicken pieces, shake off excess & carefully dip into oil with tongs, fry until tandoor is a rich colour & batter is starting to crisp
- remove, drain on a wire rack, pat off excess oil & place in a medium oven until juices run clear inside (check the deepest part of flesh by the bone)
- serve, eat & finger lick at regular intervals.
- We ate it with garlic fries & fresh corn salsa sides
This recipe is a personal recipe added by WhatKatyAteNext and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note