Texas Toast Tomato Sandwiches
Photo: Beth Dreiling Hontzas; Styling: Amy Burke
More From Southern Living
Total: 15 Minutes
- 1 (9.5-oz.) package five-cheese Texas toast
- 2 pounds assorted heirloom tomatoes
- 1/4 cup bottled blue cheese vinaigrette
- 6 tablespoons torn fresh basil
- Salt and pepper
- Garnishes: crumbled blue cheese, fresh basil leaves
- 1. Prepare Texas toast according to package directions.
- 2. Meanwhile, halve larger tomatoes and cut into 1/4-inch-thick slices; halve or quarter smaller tomatoes. Gently toss tomatoes with vinaigrette, basil, and salt and pepper to taste. Serve immediately over hot Texas toast. Garnish, if desired.
- Note: We tested with Pepperidge Farm Five Cheese Texas Toast.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes Like This