- 1 (9.5-oz.) package five-cheese Texas toast
- 2 pounds assorted heirloom tomatoes
- 1/4 cup bottled blue cheese vinaigrette
- 6 tablespoons torn fresh basil
- Salt and pepper
- Garnishes: crumbled blue cheese, fresh basil leaves
How to Make It
Prepare Texas toast according to package directions.
Meanwhile, halve larger tomatoes and cut into 1/4-inch-thick slices; halve or quarter smaller tomatoes. Gently toss tomatoes with vinaigrette, basil, and salt and pepper to taste. Serve immediately over hot Texas toast. Garnish, if desired.
Note: We tested with Pepperidge Farm Five Cheese Texas Toast.