- 5 large eggs*
- 1 cup milk
- 1 1/2 teaspoons Dijon mustard
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 to 1/4 tsp. ground red pepper
- 1 (9.5-oz.) package frozen mozzarella-and-Monterey Jack cheese Texas toast, chopped
- 1 cup grated Cheddar cheese
- Garnish: fresh basil leaves
How to Make It
Whisk together first 5 ingredients until blended.
Layer half of Texas toast in a lightly greased 11- x 7-inch baking dish; sprinkle with half of cheese. Repeat layers once. Pour egg mixture over toast and cheese. Cover and chill 4 to 24 hours.
Preheat oven to 325°. Bake casserole 50 to 55 minutes or until center is set. Let stand 5 minutes before serving. Garnish, if desired.
*1 1/4 cups egg substitute may be substituted.
Note: For testing purposes only, we used Pepperidge Farm Mozzarella and Monterey Jack Texas Toast.