Texas Style BBQ Sauce
This sauce is for those who like a tomato based spicy sauce. It contains hot peppers. Use this sauce to baste a brisket, ribs or whatever meat you are cooking. Serve along side the BBQ for dipping. Have plenty of cold drinks available for those folks needing a bit of cooling down. This recipe was originally feature on BBQ-FYI. com and has been modified by me to my tastes.
Yield: 1 serving ( Serving Size: Bottle )
Community Recipe from
- 2 cup(s) ketchup
- 1/2 medium Onion minced
- 2 clove(s) garlic minced
- 1 Jalapeno pepper, seeded minced
- 1/4 cup(s) butter
- 1/4 cup(s) Worcestershire sauce
- 1/4 cup(s) cider vinegar
- 1/4 cup(s) brown sugar - light or dark
- 2 tablespoon(s) lime juice
- 2 tablespoon(s) molasses
- 1 teaspoon(s) sea salt
- 1 teaspoon(s) black pepper
- 2 tablespoon(s) Dijon mustard
- 1 teaspoon(s) red pepper crushed
- 1 teaspoon(s) cayenne pepper
- 1 teaspoon(s) cumin
- Saute' the onions, garlic and jalapenos until softened or tender, then add the rest of the ingredients.
- Bring to a boil, lower the heat and simmer for 20 minutes.
- After sauce has cooled you can transfer to a bottle at least 32 oz in size.
- Save any remaining after bottling in a sealed container to use as you want.
- NOTE: If you want this sauce even hotter, add a 2nd Jalapeno and 1 Tablespoon of Tabasco or 4 Tabasco chillies minced to the ingredients.
This recipe is a personal recipe added by SeafarerChef and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Main Dishes