Texas Style BBQ Sauce
This sauce is for those who like a tomato based spicy sauce. It contains hot peppers. Use this sauce to baste a brisket, ribs or whatever meat you are cooking. Serve along side the BBQ for dipping. Have plenty of cold drinks available for those folks needing a bit of cooling down. This recipe was originally feature on BBQ-FYI. com and has been modified by me to my tastes.
Share Your Personal Recipes
You can now share your personal recipes with the MyRecipes Community by making a new or existing recipe "Public".
Go to My Recipe File
- 2 cup(s) ketchup
- 1/2 medium Onion minced
- 2 clove(s) garlic minced
- 1 Jalapeno pepper, seeded minced
- 1/4 cup(s) butter
- 1/4 cup(s) Worcestershire sauce
- 1/4 cup(s) cider vinegar
- 1/4 cup(s) brown sugar - light or dark
- 2 tablespoon(s) lime juice
- 2 tablespoon(s) molasses
- 1 teaspoon(s) sea salt
- 1 teaspoon(s) black pepper
- 2 tablespoon(s) Dijon mustard
- 1 teaspoon(s) red pepper crushed
- 1 teaspoon(s) cayenne pepper
- 1 teaspoon(s) cumin
- Saute' the onions, garlic and jalapenos until softened or tender, then add the rest of the ingredients.
- Bring to a boil, lower the heat and simmer for 20 minutes.
- After sauce has cooled you can transfer to a bottle at least 32 oz in size.
- Save any remaining after bottling in a sealed container to use as you want.
- NOTE: If you want this sauce even hotter, add a 2nd Jalapeno and 1 Tablespoon of Tabasco or 4 Tabasco chillies minced to the ingredients.
This recipe is a personal recipe added by SeafarerChef and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note