- 1 large sweet onion, sliced
- 3 garlic cloves, chopped
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 1 tablespoon jarred beef soup base
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1 1/2 teaspoons hickory liquid smoke
- 1 (2- to 3-lb.) beef brisket flat, trimmed
- 1/4 cup beer
- 3 tablespoons bottled chili sauce
How to Make It
Lightly grease a 6-qt. slow cooker; add onion and garlic. Stir together chili powder and next 5 ingredients. Rub over brisket; place brisket over onion mixture in slow cooker.
Whisk together beer and chili sauce. Slowly pour mixture around brisket (to avoid removing spices from brisket).
Cover and cook on LOW 7 to 8 hours (or on HIGH 4 to 5 hours) or until fork-tender. Uncover and let stand in slow cooker 20 minutes.
Remove brisket from slow cooker; cut brisket across the grain into thin slices. Return brisket to slow cooker, and spoon pan juices over meat.
We tested with Heinz Chili Sauce.