Texas Sheet Cake
Ideal for parties or cookie exchanges, rich Texas Sheet Cake, from reader Debbie Benjamin, makes enough to go around.
More From Allyou
Bake: 22 Minutes
- Calories: 328
- Fat: 17g
- Saturated fat: 9g
- Protein: 3g
- Carbohydrate: 46g
- Fiber: 1g
- Cholesterol: 48mg
- Sodium: 113mg
- 24 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1/2 cup plus 1 Tbsp. unsweetened cocoa
- 2 cups sifted all-purpose flour
- 2 cups sugar
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup sour cream, at room temperature
- 2 large eggs, at room temperature
- 1/4 cup plus 2 Tbsp. milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 pound confectioners' sugar
- 1 cup chopped walnuts
- 1.Preheat oven to 375°F. Mist a 15-by-11-inch sheet pan with cooking spray. Combine 16 Tbsp. butter, 5 Tbsp. cocoa and 1 cup water in a medium saucepan. Bring to a boil over medium-high heat, stirring. Remove from heat.
- 2. In a large bowl, combine flour, sugar, baking soda and salt. Stir in cocoa mixture, then sour cream and eggs. Spread batter evenly in pan. Bake until a skewer comes out clean, about 22 minutes.
- 3. To make icing, combine 8 Tbsp. butter, milk and 1/4 cup cocoa in a small saucepan. Bring to a boil over medium-high heat, stirring. Remove from heat; add vanilla. Gradually whisk in confectioners' sugar.
- 4. Smooth icing onto hot cake; sprinkle with nuts. Cool on a wire rack. Cut into 24 pieces and serve, or chill in an airtight container.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes Like This