Texas Sheet Cake
Photo: Julie Bidwell; Styling: Stephanie Hanes
More From Allyou
Bake: 22 Minutes
Amount per serving
- Calories: 328
- Fat: 17g
- Saturated fat: 9g
- Protein: 3g
- Carbohydrate: 46g
- Fiber: 1g
- Cholesterol: 48mg
- Sodium: 113mg
- 24 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1/2 cup plus 1 Tbsp. unsweetened cocoa
- 2 cups sifted all-purpose flour
- 2 cups sugar
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup sour cream, at room temperature
- 2 large eggs, at room temperature
- 1/4 cup plus 2 Tbsp. milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 pound confectioners' sugar
- 1 cup chopped walnuts
- 1.Preheat oven to 375°F. Mist a 15-by-11-inch sheet pan with cooking spray. Combine 16 Tbsp. butter, 5 Tbsp. cocoa and 1 cup water in a medium saucepan. Bring to a boil over medium-high heat, stirring. Remove from heat.
- 2. In a large bowl, combine flour, sugar, baking soda and salt. Stir in cocoa mixture, then sour cream and eggs. Spread batter evenly in pan. Bake until a skewer comes out clean, about 22 minutes.
- 3. To make icing, combine 8 Tbsp. butter, milk and 1/4 cup cocoa in a small saucepan. Bring to a boil over medium-high heat, stirring. Remove from heat; add vanilla. Gradually whisk in confectioners' sugar.
- 4. Smooth icing onto hot cake; sprinkle with nuts. Cool on a wire rack. Cut into 24 pieces and serve, or chill in an airtight container.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note