Texas Sheet Cake
Community Recipe from
- 1 box Betty Crocker® SuperMoist® devil's food
- ½ C. sour cream
- 1 cups water
- 2 T. unsweetened baking cocoa
- 2 T. butter, softened or vegetable oil
- 3 eggs
- Heat oven to 350°F (325°F for dark or nonstick pan). Spray bottom and sides of 115x10x1-inch pan with baking spray with flour.
- In large bowl, beat cake mix, sour cream, water, cocoa, butter and eggs with electric mixer on low speed 30 seconds, then on medium speed 2 minutes, scraping bowl occasionally. Pour into pan.
- Bake 18 to 22 minutes or until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean.
- Cool about 45 minutes.
- 1 ¾ Sticks butter 6 T milk 1 t. vanilla extract
- 4 heaping T. cocoa 1 lb. powdered sugar ½ C. chopped pecans
- Melt butter in saucepan over med. heat. Add cocoa powder & stir til smooth. Add milk & vanilla. Add powder sugar. Stir together. Dump pecans & stir til well combined. Pour over warm cake.
This recipe is a personal recipe added by catmauricio and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
Texas Sheet Cake Recipe at a Glance
- COURSE: Cakes/Frostings