- 24 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1/2 cup plus 1 Tbsp. unsweetened cocoa
- 2 cups sifted all-purpose flour
- 2 cups sugar
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup sour cream, at room temperature
- 2 large eggs, at room temperature
- 1/4 cup plus 2 Tbsp. milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 pound confectioners' sugar
- 1 cup chopped walnuts
- calories 328
- fat 17 g
- satfat 9 g
- protein 3 g
- carbohydrate 46 g
- fiber 1 g
- cholesterol 48 mg
- sodium 113 mg
How to Make It
Preheat oven to 375°F. Mist a 15-by-11-inch sheet pan with cooking spray. Combine 16 Tbsp. butter, 5 Tbsp. cocoa and 1 cup water in a medium saucepan. Bring to a boil over medium-high heat, stirring. Remove from heat.
In a large bowl, combine flour, sugar, baking soda and salt. Stir in cocoa mixture, then sour cream and eggs. Spread batter evenly in pan. Bake until a skewer comes out clean, about 22 minutes.
To make icing, combine 8 Tbsp. butter, milk and 1/4 cup cocoa in a small saucepan. Bring to a boil over medium-high heat, stirring. Remove from heat; add vanilla. Gradually whisk in confectioners' sugar.
Smooth icing onto hot cake; sprinkle with nuts. Cool on a wire rack. Cut into 24 pieces and serve, or chill in an airtight container.