Texas Sheet Cake
Sour cream chocolate cake with chocolate glaze
Share Your Personal Recipes
You can now share your personal recipes with the MyRecipes Community by making a new or existing recipe "Public".
Go to My Recipe File
- 1 cup(s) water boiled
- 2 stick(s) butter
- 5 tablespoon(s) cocoa
- 2 cup(s) flour
- 2 cup(s) sugar
- 1 teaspoon(s) baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon(s) salt
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 cup(s) sour cream
- 1 stick(s) butter (frosting) heat over medium
- 6 tablespoon(s) water (frosting)
- 4 tablespoon(s) cocoa (frosting)
- 3 cup(s) 10X (frosting)
- 1/2 teaspoon(s) vanilla (frosting)
- Boil 1 c. water with 2 sticks of butter and 5 T. cocoa. Stir until smooth. Mix dry ingredients in a mixing bowl. Add the water mixture and blend until smooth. Add eggs and sour cream. Pour into a greased sheet pan and bake at 375 degrees for 15-20 minutes. Melt butter in a saucepan over medium. Stir in the water and additional cocoa. Remove from heat. Add in the vanilla and 10X. Beat with a mixer. Pour over top of cooled cake while the frosting is still warm.
This recipe is a personal recipe added by mcquearyh and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note