Texas Sheet Cake
Share Your Personal Recipes
You can now share your personal recipes with the MyRecipes Community by making a new or existing recipe "Public".
Go to My Recipe File
- 1/2 cup(s) butter
- Chocolate Frosting
- 1/4 cup(s) cocoa unsweetened
- 2 eggs, beaten slightly
- 2 cup(s) flour
- 1/2 teaspoon(s) salt
- 1/2 cup(s) shortening
- 1 teaspoon(s) soda
- 1/2 cup(s) sour cream + 1 tablespoon vinegar OR 1/2 cup buttermilk
- 2 cup(s) sugar
- 1 teaspoon(s) vanilla
- 1 cup(s) water
- Grease and flour 15 x 10 in. jelly roll pan.
- Whisk together first 5 ingredients. Set aside.
- Bring water to boil in medium saucepan. Remove from heat and add butter and shortening. Let stand until melted. Whisk together sour cream, vinegar, eggs, and vanilla. Whisk egg mixture into flour mixture until blended. Pour batter into prepared pan. Bake 400 for 18-20 minutes. Cool for 10 minutes and frost in pan while warm.
This recipe is a personal recipe added by AZBettyLou and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note