We love this recipe and so do our friends! We love dipping them in ranch dressing. It is time consuming but worth it. I recommend wearing kitchen gloves and I always make a double batch as they go quickly if you love hot foods.
More From Southern Living
Chill: 30 Minutes
Grill: 30 Minutes
- 1/2 pound chicken breast strips
- 3/4 cup Italian dressing, divided
- 1/2 (8-ounce) package cream cheese, softened
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 12 jalapeño peppers (about 3 1/2 to 4 inches long)
- 12 thin bacon slices
- Place chicken and 1/2 cup Italian dressing in a shallow dish or zip-top plastic freezer bag; cover or seal, and chill 30 minutes.
- Remove chicken from marinade, discarding marinade. Grill chicken, covered with grill lid, over medium heat (300° to 350°) 4 to 5 minutes on each side or until done, basting with remaining 1/4 cup Italian dressing. Let chicken cool slightly, and finely chop.
- Stir together chicken, cream cheese, salt, and pepper in a bowl.
- Cut jalapeño peppers lengthwise down 1 side, leaving other side intact; remove seeds. Spoon 1 1/2 to 2 tablespoons chicken mixture into cavity of each pepper. Wrap each pepper with 1 bacon slice, securing with 2 wooden picks.
- Grill stuffed jalapeños, without grill lid, turning frequently, over medium heat 20 to 25 minutes or until bacon is crisp.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Side Dishes/Vegetables