- 1 (4- to 5-pound) beef brisket
- 5 medium carrots, cut into 2-inch pieces
- 2 medium onions, peeled and quartered
- 1 stalk celery, cut into 2-inch pieces
- 1 bay leaf
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 4 cups water
- Horseradish Sauce
- Minced fresh parsley (optional)
How to Make It
Place brisket, carrots, onion, celery, bay leaf, salt, pepper, and water in a Dutch oven. Bring to a boil; reduce heat. Cover and simmer 3 hours or until meat is very tender.
Transfer brisket to a warm serving platter; discard broth. Cut brisket diagonally across grain into thin slices; pour Horseradish Sauce over top. Sprinkle with parsley, if desired.