Texas Pinto Beans
- 1 (16-ounce) package dried pinto beans
- 4 2/3 cups water
- 1/2 small onion, minced
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 bacon slices, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 medium tomato, diced
- 4 jalapeño peppers, seeded and chopped
- Place beans in a Dutch oven; add water 2 inches above beans. Bring to a boil. Boil 1 minute; cover, remove from heat, and let stand 1 hour. Drain.
- Bring beans, 4 2/3 cups water, and next 4 ingredients to a boil in Dutch oven. Cover, reduce heat, and simmer, stirring occasionally, 1 hour and 30 minutes or until tender. Add tomato and jalapeno pepper, and simmer mixture for 30 more minutes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note