Texas Peach Chutney
- 6 1/2 pounds (about 26) firm, ripe medium peaches, peeled and sliced
- 2 (16-ounce) packages dark brown sugar
- 2 cups cider vinegar
- 5 medium cooking apples, peeled, cored, and diced
- 2 pounds raisins
- 1/2 cup grated onion
- Grated rind and juice of 2 lemons
- 3 tablespoons ground ginger
- 2 tablespoons mustard seeds
- 2 tablespoons paprika
- 2 tablespoons ground cumin
- 1 tablespoon plus 1 1/2 teaspoons salt
- Combine sliced peaches, brown sugar, and vinegar in a stainless steel stockpot. Cook over medium heat, stirring occasionally, until peaches are tender but still retain their shape. Set aside.
- Combine apples and remaining ingredients in a large stainless steel stockpot. Cook over low heat, stirring constantly, until thoroughly blended. Stir in reserved peach mixture; cook over medium heat, stirring frequently, 5 minutes or until thoroughly heated.
- Quickly ladle chutney into hot sterilized jars, leaving 1/2-inch head space. Remove air bubbles. Cover at once with metal lids, and screw bands tight. Process in boiling-water bath 15 minutes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes Like This