easiest recipe I have ever done, is even quicker and better than peanut clusters. I used Kraft Caramel Bits, didn't have to unwrap the caramels this way.
- 1 (14-ounce) package caramels
- 2 teaspoons butter or margarine
- 2 teaspoons water
- 3 cups pecan halves
- 1 (8-ounce) milk chocolate bar
- Combine caramels, butter, and water in top of a double boiler; cook over boiling water, stirring constantly, until mixture melts. Remove from heat, leaving mixture over hot water; stir in pecan halves. Spoon 2 caramel-coated pecan halves at a time onto ungreased baking sheets; cool at least 1 hour or until set.
- Place chocolate in top of a double boiler over hot water (do not place over heating element). Stir until chocolate melts. Dip each pair of caramel-coated pecan halves in melted chocolate; allow excess to drain.
- Place candy on ungreased baking sheets; chill until firm. Arrange candies between layers of waxed paper in airtight containers, and store in a cool place.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note