- 1/4 pound bulk chorizo or spicy pork sausage
- 4 large (burrito-size) flour tortillas
- One 8-oz jar mild salsa, drained
- 1 small bell pepper, chopped
- 1/2 cup canned black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1/2 cup canned corn, drained
- 1 cup shredded monterey jack cheese
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh cilantro, optional
- calories (1/4 recipe): 453
- fat 21.4 g
- satfat 9.5 g
- sodium 1,060 mg
- cholesterol 43.9 mg
How to Make It
Prep time: 5 minutes
Cooking time: 5 minutes
Baking time: About 15 minutes
Heat oven to 400 degrees. Cook the sausage in a small skillet over medium-high heat, stirring occasionally, until crumbled and brown, about 5 minutes; drain.
Use scissors to cut star shapes from each tortilla. Place stars on nonstick baking sheets.
Divide the drained salsa among the four stars and spread it on evenly. Top with the sausage, pepper, beans, and corn. Sprinkle stars with the cheese and cilantro, if desired.
Bake 10 to 15 minutes or until pizza is hot and cheese is melted and bubbly.
How kids can help: Measure and drain salsa, beans, and corn; help cut stars from tortillas; sprinkle on cheese.