Texas Ground Beef Hash
- 2 large onions, thinly sliced and separated into rings
- 2 medium-size green peppers, seeded and chopped
- 3 tablespoons shortening, melted
- 1 pound ground chuck
- 1 (14 1/2-ounce) can whole tomatoes, undrained and chopped
- 1/2 cup uncooked regular rice
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon celery salt
- Sauté onion and green pepper in shortening over low heat until tender. Add meat; cook over low heat until meat is browned, stirring to crumble. Drain off pan drippings.
- Add remaining ingredients; mix well. Spoon mixture into a 2-quart casserole. Cover and bake at 350° for 1 hour and 10 minutes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note