Share Your Personal Recipes
You can now share your personal recipes with the MyRecipes Community by making a new or existing recipe "Public".
Go to My Recipe File
- 2 pound(s) Stew Meat
- 1-15 oz can(s) Tomato sauce
- 1-15 pz can(s) Diced Tomatoes
- 2-3 tablespoon(s) Masa Harina
- 1 teaspoon(s) Cumin
- 2 teaspoon(s) Oregano
- 2 teaspoon(s) Paptika
- 1-2 teaspoon(s) Salt
- 1 tablespoon(s) Onion Powder or minced dried onion
- 2 teaspoon(s) garlic powder or minced dried garlic
- 1 tablespoon(s) Dried Chipolte
- 1 cup(s) Water
- 2 jalapeno peppers
- Brown meat and drain off fat. Return to heat, if using fresh onion and garlic, add onion and garlic, cook until onion is softened. Add tomato sauce, tomatoes, Jalapenos and water. Stir in dry ingredients except masa harina. Cover and simmer for 30 minutes or longer for spicier flavor. Add masa harina dissolved in water. Simmer another 20 minutes.
- Serve with cheese and cornbread
This recipe is a personal recipe added by LizChapman and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
Texas Chili Recipe at a Glance
- COURSE: Soups/Stews