This is a quick midweek dinner or for a weekend casual dinner with friends.
A quick chicken dinner with a Tex-mex take. Serve with warm flour tortillas and a salad made with chunks of avocado, halved cherry tomatoes, a dash of onion powder, garlic salt and a squeeze of lemon.
Share Your Personal Recipes
You can now share your personal recipes with the MyRecipes Community by making a new or existing recipe "Public".
Go to My Recipe File
- 1 tablespoon(s) Chili Powder
- 1 tablespoon(s) Cumin
- 1/2 tablespoon(s) Paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon(s) Onion Powder
- 1/2 teaspoon(s) Garlic Salt
- 1/2 teaspoon(s) Thyme (ground)
- 1/2 cup(s) Onion Diced, medium pieces
- 1/2 cup(s) Green, yellow, orange Peppers Diced, large pieces
- 2 clove(s) garlic sliced thinly
- 2 tablespoon(s) olive oil
- 1 1/2 pound(s) chicken breasts/thighs cut in 1-2 in chunks
- 1 can(s) Black Beans drained
- 1 cup(s) Shredded Cheddar Cheese
- 1/2 cup(s) Sour Cream
- Mix spices together (first 6 ingrediants) and set aside. Heat oil in skillet on medium heat. Saute onions, peppers, garlic until translucent. Add chicken and season with spice mixture. Stir to mix vegetables, chicken, and spice mixture. Cook until no longer pink. Add can of drained black beans. Mix well. Turn heat to low. Cover and simmer until chicken is cooked through, approximately 10 minutes. Add liquid from beans if needed.
- Warm tortillas in microwave.
- Serve chicken over warm tortillas.
- Garnish with shredded cheddar cheese and a tablespoon of sour cream.
- Serve avocado and tomato salad on the side.
This recipe is a personal recipe added by mashuffl and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note