This is a great recipe and if there is an ingredient you don't like you can leave it out without compromising the dish too much. My family does not like cilantro so I leave that on the side just for myself. We didn't roast the peppers due to time and it was still wonderful! This one is a keeper and I would serve this to guests too.
Texas Caviar Rice and Beans
Photo: Hector Sanchez; Stylist: Lydia Degaris Pursell
More From Southern Living
Total: 45 Minutes
- 1 (15.8-oz.) can black-eyed peas, drained and rinsed
- 1 (15-oz.) can black beans, drained and rinsed
- 1/3 cup finely chopped roasted red bell peppers
- 1/4 cup finely chopped poblano pepper
- Texas Vinaigrette, divided
- 2 (8.8-oz.) pouches fully cooked basmati rice
- 1 1/4 cups halved grape tomatoes
- 1 cup (4 oz.) shredded pepper Jack cheese
- 3/4 cup loosely packed fresh cilantro leaves
- 2/3 cup thinly sliced celery
- 1/3 cup thinly sliced green onions
- Tortilla chips
- Garnish: sliced pickled jalapeño peppers
- 1. Stir together first 4 ingredients and 1/4 cup Texas Vinaigrette in a microwave-safe glass bowl; let stand 20 minutes, stirring occasionally. Microwave at HIGH 2 minutes or until thoroughly heated, stirring at 30-second intervals.
- 2. Heat rice according to package directions; fluff with a fork. Divide bean mixture, rice, tomatoes, and next 4 ingredients among 4 to 6 individual plates. Serve with tortilla chips and remaining vinaigrette.
- Note: We tested with Tasty Bite Basmati Rice.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes Like This