This easy Texas caviar recipe is the perfect crowd-pleasing appetizer, perfect for pot lucks, tailgating, and more.
Yield: 6 cups
- 2 medium tomatoes, seeded and chopped
- 1 medium-size red bell pepper, chopped
- 1 bunch green onions, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 (15.8-ounce) can black-eyed peas, rinsed and drained
- 1 (15.5-ounce) can white hominy, rinsed and drained
- 1 (8-ounce) jar medium picante sauce
- 1/2 cup chopped fresh cilantro
- 3 tablespoons lime juice
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- Stir together all ingredients in a large bowl. Cover and chill, stirring occasionally, 8 hours. Serve with tortilla chips.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Appetizers