- 6 cooking apples, cored, peeled and sliced
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 cup brown sugar, packed
- 1 tablespoon cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- Garnishes: vanilla ice cream, whipped topping, maraschino cherries
How to Make It
Arrange apple slices in a lightly greased 4- to 5-quart oval slow cooker; set aside.
Combine flour and next 5 ingredients in a bowl; mix well. Sprinkle flour mixture over apples, pressing down lightly. Cover and cook on low setting 5 hours or until apples are tender. Garnish with your favorite toppings.