So tasty! I wouldn't change a thing.
Tex-Mex Turkey Burgers
More From Southern Living
Total: 25 Minutes
- 1 large lime
- 1/4 cup finely chopped red onion
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 cup fresh corn kernels (about 2 ears)
- 1 avocado, peeled and finely chopped
- 1/4 cup finely chopped fresh cilantro leaves
- 1 1/2 teaspoons kosher salt, divided
- 1 pound ground turkey
- 1 (4-oz.) can chopped green chiles
- 1 large egg, lightly beaten
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/2 cup fine, dry breadcrumbs
- 6 tostada shells, warmed
- Toppings: salsa verde, crumbled queso fresco
- Garnish: lime wedges
- 1. Preheat grill to 350° to 400° (medium-high) heat. Grate zest from lime to equal 1 tsp. Cut lime in half, and squeeze juice from lime to equal 1 Tbsp.
- 2. Sauté onion and garlic in hot oil in a medium skillet 1 minute. Add corn, and cook 2 to 3 minutes or just until corn begins to brown. Transfer mixture to a medium bowl. Stir in lime zest, lime juice, avocado, cilantro, and 1/2 tsp. salt.
- 3. Combine turkey, next 4 ingredients, and remaining 1 tsp. salt. Gently shape mixture into 6 (4-inch) patties.
- 4. Grill patties, covered with grill lid, 4 to 5 minutes on each side or until done. Serve on tostadas with corn mixture and desired toppings.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note