Tex-Mex Squash Casserole
Share Your Personal Recipes
You can now share your personal recipes with the MyRecipes Community by making a new or existing recipe "Public".
Go to My Recipe File
- 2 1/4 pound(s) squash, quartered lengthwise, and thinly sliced crosswise
- 2/3 cup(s) yellow onion finely chopped
- 1 ounce(s) 4 oz can chopped green chiles
- 1 can(s) 4 oz can chopped jalapenos
- 1/2 teaspoon(s) salt or salt to taste
- 2 1/4 cup(s) sharp cheddar cheese grated
- 1/4 cup(s) all-purpose flour
- 3/4 cup(s) salsa of choice
- 4 scallions, thinly sliced, for garnish
- 1/4 cup(s) red onion finely chopped
- Preheat oven to 400. Coat a 9x13 in bakind pan with cooking spray. Combine squash, onion, chiles, jalapenos, salt and 3/4 cup of cheese in a large bowl. Sprinkle with flour, toss to coat. Spread the mixture in the prepared baking dish and cover with foil. Bake 35-45 minutes. Spoon salsa over the casserole and sprinkle with remaining 1 1/2 cups cheese. Bake, uncovered, another 20 minutes. Sprinkle with scallions and red onion.
This recipe is a personal recipe added by Toniahooper and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
Tex-Mex Squash Casserole Recipe at a Glance
- COURSE: Casseroles