My kids absolutely love this recipe, but I don't use the Cilantro and I use just chopped tomatoes without the chiles. This just makes the recipe a little less spicy.
Tex-Mex Salisbury Steak
More From Southern Living
- 1 pound ground round
- 1/2 pound hot or mild ground pork sausage
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1 large egg
- 1/2 cup fine, dry breadcrumbs
- 1/4 cup mild salsa
- 2 tablespoons taco seasoning mix
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh cilantro, divided
- 1 (2.64-ounce) package country-style gravy mix
- 1 (14 1/2-ounce) can reduced-sodium beef broth
- 1 (10-ounce) can diced tomatoes with green chiles, undrained
- Garnish: fresh cilantro sprigs
- Combine first 7 ingredients and 1 tablespoon cilantro. Shape mixture into 6 (1/3-inch-thick) patties.
- Heat a lightly greased large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Add patties; reduce heat to low, cover, and cook 8 to 10 minutes per side or until center is no longer pink. Remove from skillet. Wipe pan clean.
- Whisk together gravy mix, broth, tomatoes with chiles, and remaining 1 tablespoon cilantro. Cook over medium heat 1 minute or until thickened. Return patties to skillet, and cook until thoroughly heated. Garnish, if desired.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Main Dishes