- 1 pound ground round
- 1/2 pound hot or mild ground pork sausage
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1 large egg
- 1/2 cup fine, dry breadcrumbs
- 1/4 cup mild salsa
- 2 tablespoons taco seasoning mix
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh cilantro, divided
- 1 (2.64-ounce) package country-style gravy mix
- 1 (14 1/2-ounce) can reduced-sodium beef broth
- 1 (10-ounce) can diced tomatoes with green chiles, undrained
- Garnish: fresh cilantro sprigs
How to Make It
Combine first 7 ingredients and 1 tablespoon cilantro. Shape mixture into 6 (1/3-inch-thick) patties.
Heat a lightly greased large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Add patties; reduce heat to low, cover, and cook 8 to 10 minutes per side or until center is no longer pink. Remove from skillet. Wipe pan clean.
Whisk together gravy mix, broth, tomatoes with chiles, and remaining 1 tablespoon cilantro. Cook over medium heat 1 minute or until thickened. Return patties to skillet, and cook until thoroughly heated. Garnish, if desired.