Tex-Mex Rice Salad
Turn instant brown rice into a colorful Tex-Mex salad by adding avocado, black beans, tomato, cilantro, and cumin.
More From Oxmoor House
- Calories: 196
- Fat: 3.3g
- Saturated fat: 0.5g
- Protein: 5.6g
- Carbohydrate: 35.9g
- Cholesterol: 0mg
- Iron: 2mg
- Sodium: 371mg
- Calories from fat: 15%
- Fiber: 4.9g
- Calcium: 33mg
- 1 cup uncooked instant brown rice
- 1/3 cup fat-free balsamic vinaigrette
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1/2 cup diced peeled avocado
- 1 cup chopped plum tomato
- 2 tablespoons sliced green onions
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh cilantro
- 1 (15-ounce) can black beans, rinsed and drained
- Cook rice according to package directions, omitting salt and fat.
- . Combine vinaigrette and next 3 ingredients in a medium bowl, stirring well with a whisk.
- . Combine rice, avocado, and next 4 ingredients in a large bowl. Add vinaigrette mixture, and toss gently.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note