I would give it 4 stars but the description of worthy of a special occasion, no; but good and easy. Solid I may have put more cumin than it calls for, I used meat Ravioli instead of cheese. I used Medium, could not find Hot Salsa. I also used Extra Sharp Cheddar Cheese and did it like a Lasagna. I had two layers, with Monterry Jack on top of one layer then the Cheddar, not as much black beans either. I would make again.
Tex-Mex Ravioli Casserole
More From Southern Living
Bake: 50 Minutes
Stand: 5 Minutes
- 1 (16-ounce) jar mild salsa
- 1 (10 3/4-ounce) can tomato puree
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 (28-ounce) bag frozen cheese ravioli, unthawed
- 2 (19-ounce) cans black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1/2 cup chopped fresh cilantro
- 1 bunch green onions, thinly sliced
- 2 cups (8 ounces) shredded sharp Cheddar cheese
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded Monterey Jack cheese
- Combine first 3 ingredients. Pour 1/2 cup sauce mixture on the bottom of a lightly greased 2-quart oval or 11- x 7-inch baking dish. Top evenly with frozen cheese ravioli. Layer with black beans, chopped cilantro, green onions, and remaining sauce mixture; top evenly with shredded Cheddar and Monterey Jack cheeses.
- Bake, covered with aluminum foil, at 350° for 45 minutes or until bubbly. Remove foil, and bake 5 more minutes. Let stand 5 minutes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Main Dishes