Yield: Makes 10 cups
- 3 1/2 cups dried lentils
- 7 cups water
- 1 (16-ounce) can Mexican-style stewed tomatoes, undrained
- 2 (6-ounce) cans tomato paste
- 1/2 cup uncooked bulghur wheat
- 2 tablespoons chili powder
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme
- 3 garlic cloves, pressed
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 tablespoon red wine vinegar
- Shredded taco cheese blend
- Bring lentils and 7 cups water to a boil in a Dutch oven. Cover, reduce heat, and simmer 30 minutes.
- Add tomatoes and next 8 ingredients; cover reduce heat, and simmer, stirring occasionally, 1 hour.
- Stir in vinegar; sprinkle each serving with cheese.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Soups/Stews