Very easy to make and VERY good!!! My husband is the "picky eater" in my house and he gave it 5 Stars!!!!!
Beth Dreiling Hontzas
More From Southern Living
Stand: 10 Minutes
- 1 pound lean ground beef
- 1 cup frozen diced onion, red and green bell pepper, and celery
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 1 teaspoon salt-free chipotle seasoning blend
- 1 (24-oz.) jar mild salsa
- 1 (15-oz.) can dark red kidney beans, drained
- 1 (10-oz.) can enchilada sauce
- 1 (10-oz.) package frozen whole kernel corn, thawed
- 16 (6-inch) fajita-size corn tortillas
- 4 cups (16 oz.) shredded Mexican four-cheese blend
- Toppings: sour cream, chopped tomatoes
- 1. Cook first 5 ingredients in a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat, stirring often, 10 to 12 minutes or until vegetables are tender and beef crumbles and is no longer pink.
- 2. Stir in salsa and next 3 ingredients. Cook 5 to 10 minutes or until thoroughly heated.
- 3. Layer 1 cup beef mixture, 2 tortillas (overlapping edges), and 1/2 cup cheese in a lightly greased 7- x 5- x 1 1/2-inch baking dish. Repeat layers once. Repeat procedure with 3 additional 7- x 5- x 1 1/2-inch baking dishes. Cover dishes with nonstick aluminum foil.
- 4. Bake, covered, at 350° for 30 minutes; uncover and bake 5 more minutes or until bubbly. Let stand 10 minutes before serving. Serve with desired toppings.
- Note: To use a lightly greased 13- x 9-inch baking dish, prepare recipe through Step 2. Omit 4 corn tortillas. Layer one-third beef mixture, 6 tortillas (overlapping edges), and 2 cups cheese. Repeat layers with one-third beef mixture, remaining 6 tortillas, remaining beef mixture, and ending with remaining 2 cups cheese. Bake, covered, at 350° for 40 minutes; uncover and bake 10 more minutes or until bubbly. Let stand 10 minutes before serving.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Casseroles