Tex-Mex Grilled Beef "Tenders," Corn, and Tomatoes With Chipotle-Lime Cream
BRAND WINNER Fresh Tomatoes--Star of Alabama Tourism's Year of Food. A beef chuck tender steak may also be used in this recipe.
More From Southern Living
Grill: 18 Minutes
Stand: 5 Minutes
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 (8- to 10-ounce) Beef Shoulder Tender Petite Roasts
- 2 Green Tomatoes, cut into 1/2-inch-thick slices
- 4 ears fresh corn, husks removed
- vegetable oil
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- For Grilling No-Stick Spray
- Chipotle-Lime Cream
- 1. Stir together oil and next 3 ingredients; rub both sides of roasts with oil mixture. Set roasts aside.
- 2. Brush tomato slices and corn with vegetable oil. Sprinkle tomato slices evenly with 1/4 teaspoon salt and 1/4 teaspoon pepper.
- 3. Coat cold grill cooking grate with grilling spray; place on grill. Place beef, tomatoes, and corn on grate. Grill, covered with grill lid, over medium heat (300° to 350°). Grill roasts 7 to 9 minutes on each side, tomatoes 5 to 7 minutes on each side or until tender, and corn 15 to 18 minutes or until tender. Let beef stand 5 minutes; cut into thin slices. Serve with tomatoes, corn, and Chipotle-Lime Cream.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note