Photo: Beth Dreiling Hontzas, Ralph Anderson; Styling: Missie Neville Crawford
Yield: Makes 8 fajitas
More From Southern Living
Amount per serving
- Calories: 169
- Fat: 8.9g
- Saturated fat: 1.8g
- Monounsaturated fat: 0.6g
- Polyunsaturated fat: 1.8g
- Protein: 6.5g
- Carbohydrate: 15.8g
- Fiber: 1.4g
- Cholesterol: 0.0mg
- Iron: 1.4mg
- Sodium: 563mg
- Calcium: 72mg
- 1 (14-oz.) package extra-firm tofu, drained and cut crosswise into 1/2-inch-thick pieces*
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 7 teaspoons vegetable oil, divided
- 1/2 medium-size sweet onion, thinly sliced
- 1 red bell pepper, cut into thin strips
- 1/2 cup chunky salsa
- 2 teaspoons cider vinegar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 8 (6-inch) fajita-size flour tortillas, warmed
- 1. Sprinkle tofu with cumin and chili powder; gently toss to coat all sides.
- 2. Cook half of tofu in 3 tsp. hot oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium heat 5 minutes on each side. Remove tofu, and keep warm. Repeat procedure with 3 tsp. oil and remaining tofu.
- 3. Sauté sliced onion and bell pepper in remaining 1 tsp. hot oil in skillet over medium-high heat 2 minutes or until tender. Stir in salsa, vinegar, and salt; cook 2 minutes. Pour mixture over tofu. Remove from heat. Serve with warm tortillas and your favorite toppings.
- *1 lb. chopped cooked chicken breasts may be substituted for tofu. Cook 7 minutes, stirring often.
- Note: We tested with Nasoya Extra Firm Tofu and Pace Chunky Salsa.
- Note: Nutritional analysis is per fajita, not including toppings.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Main Dishes