Tex-Mex Egg Rolls with Creamy Cilantro Dipping Sauce
- 1 (5-ounce) package MAHATMA Spanish Rice
- 1 teaspoon MORTON Iodized Salt
- 1 pound JIMMY DEAN'S Hot Pork Sausage
- 1 (15-ounce) can BUSH'S Black Beans, rinsed and drained
- 6 green onions, finely chopped
- 1 (1.25-ounce) package taco seasoning
- 2 cups (8 ounces) shredded Monterey Jack cheese
- 1 (14.5-ounce) can HUNT'S Petite Diced Tomatoes with Mild Green Chilies, undrained
- 28 egg roll wrappers
- 1 large egg, beaten
- 4 cups peanut oil
- Creamy Cilantro Dipping Sauce
- Garnish: fresh cilantro sprigs
- Cook rice according to package directions, using 1 teaspoon salt. Cool completely.
- Cook sausage in a skillet over medium heat, stirring until it crumbles and is no longer pink; drain well. Let cool.
- Stir together rice, sausage, black beans, and next 4 ingredients in a large bowl. Spoon about 1/3 cup rice mixture in center of each egg roll wrapper. Fold top corner of wrapper over filling, tucking tip of corner under filling; fold left and right corners over filling. Lightly brush remaining corner with egg; tightly roll filled end toward the remaining corner, and gently press to seal.
- Pour oil into heavy Dutch oven; heat to 375º. Fry egg rolls, in batches, 2 to 3 minutes or until golden. Drain on wire rack over paper towels. Serve with Creamy Cilantro Dipping Sauce. Garnish, if desired.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Appetizers