- 1 (5-ounce) package MAHATMA Spanish Rice
- 1 teaspoon MORTON Iodized Salt
- 1 pound JIMMY DEAN'S Hot Pork Sausage
- 1 (15-ounce) can BUSH'S Black Beans, rinsed and drained
- 6 green onions, finely chopped
- 1 (1.25-ounce) package taco seasoning
- 2 cups (8 ounces) shredded Monterey Jack cheese
- 1 (14.5-ounce) can HUNT'S Petite Diced Tomatoes with Mild Green Chilies, undrained
- 28 egg roll wrappers
- 1 large egg, beaten
- 4 cups peanut oil
- Creamy Cilantro Dipping Sauce
- Garnish: fresh cilantro sprigs
How to Make It
Cook rice according to package directions, using 1 teaspoon salt. Cool completely.
Cook sausage in a skillet over medium heat, stirring until it crumbles and is no longer pink; drain well. Let cool.
Stir together rice, sausage, black beans, and next 4 ingredients in a large bowl. Spoon about 1/3 cup rice mixture in center of each egg roll wrapper. Fold top corner of wrapper over filling, tucking tip of corner under filling; fold left and right corners over filling. Lightly brush remaining corner with egg; tightly roll filled end toward the remaining corner, and gently press to seal.
Pour oil into heavy Dutch oven; heat to 375º. Fry egg rolls, in batches, 2 to 3 minutes or until golden. Drain on wire rack over paper towels. Serve with Creamy Cilantro Dipping Sauce. Garnish, if desired.