I thought the filling for these eggs was way to salty! The flavors from the other ingredients just didn't come through that well. I will probably not try this recipe again.
Tex-Mex Deviled Eggs
Photo: Charles Walton
Yield: 1 dozen
- 6 hard-cooked eggs, peeled
- 1 tablespoon diced green onions
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh cilantro
- 1 small serrano or jalapeño pepper, seeded and finely chopped
- 1/4 cup mayonnaise
- 1 teaspoon prepared mustard
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 cup (1 ounce) shredded Cheddar cheese
- Chili powder
- Cut eggs in half crosswise; carefully remove yolks. Mash yolks, and stir in green onions and next 5 ingredients.
- Spoon into egg whites; sprinkle with cheese and chili powder. Cover and chill.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Side Dishes/Vegetables