Tex-Mex Chicken-and-Rice Soup
Prep: 10 min., Cook: 28 min., Stand: 5 min.
Yield: Makes about 8 cups
- 2 (10-oz.) cans mild diced tomatoes and green chiles
- 7 cups SWANSON Chicken Broth
- 2 cups shredded cooked chicken
- 3/4 cup uncooked long-grain rice
- 3/4 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground pepper
- 1 to 2 tablespoons chopped pickled jalapeño pepper slices (optional)
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh cilantro
- 1 tablespoon lime juice
- Toppings: avocado slices, lime wedges, fresh cilantro sprigs, tortilla chips
- 1. Combine first 6 ingredients and, if desired, chopped jalapeño peppers in a Dutch oven. Cover and bring to a boil over medium-high heat. Reduce heat to low, and simmer 18 minutes or until rice is tender. Stir in cilantro and lime juice. Let stand, uncovered, 5 minutes before serving. Serve with desired toppings.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Soups/Stews