Better than I expected! I was just looking for something quick and easy that kids would like, but this was a real winner with everyone, myself included. Followed the recipe exactly. Everyone asked me to make it again, and I will.
Photo: Randy Mayor; Styling: Jan Gautro
More From Cooking Light
Amount per serving
- Calories: 416
- Fat: 14.1g
- Saturated fat: 6.1g
- Monounsaturated fat: 4.9g
- Polyunsaturated fat: 1.6g
- Protein: 25.7g
- Carbohydrate: 46.2g
- Fiber: 2.5g
- Cholesterol: 44mg
- Iron: 2.5mg
- Sodium: 771mg
- Calcium: 195mg
- 8 ounces ground turkey breast
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 1/2 cup chopped green bell pepper
- 1/2 cup chopped red bell pepper
- 3/4 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon chili powder
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/2 cup fat-free fire-roasted salsa verde
- 1 (11-ounce) can refrigerated thin-crust pizza dough
- 3/4 cup (3 ounces) preshredded Mexican blend cheese
- Cooking spray
- 1/4 cup fat-free sour cream
- 1. Preheat oven to 425°.
- 2. Heat a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Add ground turkey to pan; cook 3 minutes, stirring to crumble. Add onion and next 5 ingredients (through garlic) to pan; cook 4 minutes or until vegetables are crisp-tender, stirring mixture occasionally. Remove turkey mixture from heat; stir in salsa.
- 3. Unroll dough; divide into 4 equal portions. Roll each portion into a 6 x 4–inch rectangle. Working with one rectangle at a time, spoon about 1/2 cup turkey mixture on one side of dough. Top with 3 tablespoons cheese; fold dough over turkey mixture, and press edges together with a fork to seal. Place on a baking sheet coated with cooking spray. Repeat procedure with remaining dough and turkey mixture. Bake at 425° for 12 minutes or until browned. Serve with sour cream.
- Black bean salad: Combine 1 (15-ounce) can rinsed and drained black beans, 1 cup quartered cherry tomatoes, 1/2 cup chopped red onion, 1/4 cup chopped celery, 2 tablespoons fresh lime juice, 2 tablespoons chopped fresh cilantro, and 1 tablespoon olive oil in a medium bowl; toss well to coat.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note