Tex-Mex Beef-and-Beans Chopped Salad
Find refrigerated salsa in your grocer's produce or deli area. We prefer it in this recipe for chunky texture and fresh flavor. This recipe is also great with pulled pork.
More From Southern Living
- 3/4 cup bottled Ranch dressing
- 3/4 cup refrigerated salsa
- 1 (22-oz.) package romaine lettuce hearts, chopped
- 1 (15-oz.) can black beans, drained and rinsed
- 3 cups crushed tortilla chips
- 6 ounces pepper Jack cheese, cut into small cubes
- 1 cup seeded and chopped cucumber
- 1 cup diced jicama
- 3 plum tomatoes, seeded and chopped
- 1 medium avocado, chopped
- 3/4 pound barbecued beef brisket (without sauce), chopped and warmed*
- 1. Stir together 3/4 cup Ranch dressing and salsa.
- 2. Toss together romaine and next 7 ingredients. Drizzle with dressing mixture, and top with brisket. Serve immediately.
- *Grilled flank steak, chopped, may be substituted.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note