Terrific Tuscan Vegetable Soup
Share Your Personal Recipes
You can now share your personal recipes with the MyRecipes Community by making a new or existing recipe "Public".
Go to My Recipe File
- 15 ounce(s) canellini/small white beans 1 can drained & rinsed
- 1 tablespoon(s) olive oil
- 1 cup(s) diced onion (used dried onion powder)
- 1 cup(s) diced carrot (2 whole carrots)
- 2 stalk(s) celery diced, 1/2 cup
- 1 1/2 cup(s) diced zucchini
- 1 clove(s) minced garlic (used dried)
- 1 teaspoon(s) dried thyme
- 1/2 teaspoon(s) dried sage
- 1/2 teaspoon(s) salt or to taste
- 1/4 teaspoon(s) freshly ground black pepper or to taste
- 4 cup(s) chicken or vegetable broth
- 14 1/2 ounce(s) 1 can diced tomatoes with juice
- 2 cup(s) spinach leaves, chopped(used frozen)
- 1/3 cup(s) grated parmesan cheese (optional)
- 1 whole(s) Red potato diced
- 1 whole(s) sweet potato, diced
- Drain and rinse beans. Heat oil in large soup pot over med high heat. Ad onion, carrot, celery, zucchini, garlic, thyme, sage, salt and pepper and cook, stirring occasionally until vegetables are tender, appx. 5 minutes. Add broth and tomatoes and bring to boil. Add beans and spinach leaves, cook until spinach is wilted, about 3 minutes more. Serve topped with Parmesan if desired.
- Per serving: 143 cal, 20g carb, 8g protein, 4 g fat (.5g sat), 5g fiber, 0mg chol, 323 mg sodium.
This recipe is a personal recipe added by amateurcook and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note