Delicious! Very tasty and quick to make! Perfect for a grill-out night!
Teriyaki Shrimp and Scallop Kebabs
The simple glaze (which also goes well with chicken, pork, or beef) is easy to make the night before - just chill until you're ready to use it. Serve these kebabs over chilled soba noodles tossed with some orange juice, sesame oil, a touch of soy sauce, and chopped green onions.
More From Cooking Light
- Calories: 248
- Calories from fat: 19%
- Fat: 4.9g
- Saturated fat: 0.7g
- Monounsaturated fat: 0.9g
- Polyunsaturated fat: 2.3g
- Protein: 33.4g
- Carbohydrate: 14.8g
- Fiber: 1.8g
- Cholesterol: 166mg
- Iron: 3mg
- Sodium: 881mg
- Calcium: 50mg
- 1/4 cup low-sodium soy sauce
- 3 tablespoons dark brown sugar
- 1 1/2 tablespoons rice wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon minced peeled fresh ginger
- 1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 1/2 teaspoons cornstarch
- 1 1/2 teaspoons water
- 16 jumbo shrimp, peeled and deveined (about 12 ounces)
- 16 sea scallops (about 12 ounces)
- 16 mushrooms, halved
- 24 (1 1/2-inch) pieces green onions
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- Cooking spray
- Prepare grill.
- Combine first 6 ingredients in a small saucepan over medium-high heat. Bring to a boil, and cook for 2 minutes. Combine cornstarch and water. Stir cornstarch mixture into soy sauce mixture. Bring to a boil; cook 1 minute.
- Thread 2 shrimp, 2 scallops, 4 mushroom halves, and 3 green onion pieces alternately onto each of 8 (12-inch) skewers. Brush kebabs with oil, and place on a grill rack coated with cooking spray; cook for 3 minutes. Turn kebabs, and brush with half of soy sauce glaze; cook for 1 minute. Turn kebabs. Brush with remaining glaze; cook 1 minute or until seafood is done.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note