This was a quick and easy dinner. I made the following changes based on what I had available: rice noodles for the pasta, thinly sliced steak for the pork and for my veggies I used zucchini, green onion, red bell pepper and carrots. I also used sambal olek as my chili paste (3 tsp). I garnished with some peanuts as well. Other than the substitue of ingredients, I followed the recipe as stated.
Teriyaki Pork and Vegetables with Noodles
The sweet-savory flavor of teriyaki sauce in this Teriyaki Pork and Vegetables with Noodles recipe is a centuries-old mixture of soy sauce and mirin (sweet cooking wine). Over time, Japanese Americans added ginger, brown sugar, pineapple juice, and green onions—elements of the bottled teriyaki sauce Americans know today.
More From Cooking Light
- Calories: 444
- Calories from fat: 27%
- Fat: 13.5g
- Saturated fat: 4.1g
- Monounsaturated fat: 4.6g
- Polyunsaturated fat: 2.7g
- Protein: 26.3g
- Carbohydrate: 51.9g
- Fiber: 3.1g
- Cholesterol: 55mg
- Iron: 3.4mg
- Sodium: 633mg
- Calcium: 40mg
- 8 ounces uncooked spaghetti
- 4 green onions
- 1 tablespoon dark sesame oil
- 1 cup thinly sliced red bell pepper
- 3 (4-ounce) boneless center-cut loin pork chops (about 1/2 inch thick), cut into 1/4-inch strips
- 1 (3 1/2-ounce) package shiitake mushrooms, sliced
- 1/3 cup low-sodium teriyaki sauce
- 4 teaspoons chili garlic sauce (such as Lee Kum Kee)
- Cook pasta according to package directions, omitting salt and fat. Drain, reserving 1/4 cup cooking liquid; keep warm.
- Remove green tops from green onions; thinly slice, and set aside. Mince white portions of green onions; set aside.
- Heat oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Add minced green onions, bell pepper, pork, and mushrooms; sauté 3 minutes or until pork is browned. Combine reserved 1/4 cup cooking liquid, teriyaki sauce, and chili garlic sauce in a small bowl, stirring with a whisk. Add pasta and teriyaki sauce mixture to pan; toss well to coat. Stir in sliced green onion tops.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note