- 2/3 cup low-sodium teriyaki sauce
- 1 tablespoon toasted sesame oil
- 2 tablespoons rice or cider vinegar
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 teaspoons grated fresh ginger
- 6 skinless, boneless chicken thighs (about 1 1/2 pounds)
- Salt, to taste
- Freshly ground pepper, to taste
- 1/2 pound soba, whole-wheat spaghetti, or lo mein noodles
- 1 cup trimmed sugar snap or snow peas
- Garnish: sliced green onions
How to Make It
Preheat oven to 425°. Combine first 5 ingredients in a bowl. Reserve 1/4 cup teriyaki mixture for pasta. Rinse chicken with cold water, pat dry, and arrange on a baking dish. Brush both sides of chicken with teriyaki mixture, and season with salt and pepper. Bake at 425° for 10 minutes or until juices run clear, basting after 5 minutes.
Cook pasta according to package directions, adding peas 1 to 2 minutes before end of cooking time. Drain pasta and peas, rinse under cold water, and drain thoroughly. Transfer to a serving dish, and toss with reserved 1/4 cup teriyaki mixture. Slice chicken, and divide evenly over pasta; garnish, if desired.