Teriyaki Chicken and Soba Noodles
This Asian-inspired dish is quick, easy, and tasteful.
More From Health
Marinate: 20 Minutes
- Calories: 348
- Fat: 7g
- Saturated fat: 1g
- Monounsaturated fat: 2g
- Polyunsaturated fat: 2g
- Protein: 32g
- Carbohydrate: 38g
- Fiber: 3g
- Cholesterol: 63mg
- Iron: 4mg
- Sodium: 543mg
- Calcium: 62mg
- 1 pound boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 1/4 cup plus 1 1/2 tablespoons low-sodium teriyaki sauce, divided
- 2 cups less-sodium chicken broth
- 2 cups water
- 2 teaspoons grated peeled ginger
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 7 ounces shiitake mushrooms, stems removed and caps thinly sliced
- 3 carrots, julienned (about 1 1/4 cups)
- 4 scallions, thinly sliced
- 5 ounces uncooked soba noodles
- 2 teaspoons sesame oil
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh basil
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh cilantro
- 4 radishes, sliced
- 1. Marinate chicken in 1/4 cup teriyaki sauce for 20 minutes.
- 2. Preheat an oiled grill or grill pan. Grill chicken over medium heat, turning once, for 15 minutes or until cooked through. Transfer to cutting board, and tent with foil; let stand.
- 3. Combine broth, water, ginger, garlic, and remaining 1 1/2 tablespoon teriyaki sauce in a saucepan; bring to a boil. Add mushrooms, carrots, and scallions; simmer for 10 minutes.
- 4. Boil soba for 4 minutes or until just tender. Drain and divide among serving bowls. Stir sesame oil, basil, and cilantro into broth; divide among bowls. Slice chicken, and add to bowls along with radishes.
MyRecipes is working with Let's Move!, the Partnership for a Healthier America, and USDA's MyPlate to give anyone looking for healthier options access to a trove of recipes that will help them create healthy, tasty plates. For more information about creating a healthy plate, visit www.choosemyplate.gov.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note