- 1 pound boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 1/4 cup plus 1 1/2 tablespoons low-sodium teriyaki sauce, divided
- 2 cups less-sodium chicken broth
- 2 cups water
- 2 teaspoons grated peeled ginger
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 7 ounces shiitake mushrooms, stems removed and caps thinly sliced
- 3 carrots, julienned (about 1 1/4 cups)
- 4 scallions, thinly sliced
- 5 ounces uncooked soba noodles
- 2 teaspoons sesame oil
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh basil
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh cilantro
- 4 radishes, sliced
- calories 348
- fat 7 g
- satfat 1 g
- monofat 2 g
- polyfat 2 g
- protein 32 g
- carbohydrate 38 g
- fiber 3 g
- cholesterol 63 mg
- iron 4 mg
- sodium 543 mg
- calcium 62 mg
How to Make It
Marinate chicken in 1/4 cup teriyaki sauce for 20 minutes.
Preheat an oiled grill or grill pan. Grill chicken over medium heat, turning once, for 15 minutes or until cooked through. Transfer to cutting board, and tent with foil; let stand.
Combine broth, water, ginger, garlic, and remaining 1 1/2 tablespoon teriyaki sauce in a saucepan; bring to a boil. Add mushrooms, carrots, and scallions; simmer for 10 minutes.
Boil soba for 4 minutes or until just tender. Drain and divide among serving bowls. Stir sesame oil, basil, and cilantro into broth; divide among bowls. Slice chicken, and add to bowls along with radishes.
MyRecipes is working with Let's Move!, the Partnership for a Healthier America, and USDA's MyPlate to give anyone looking for healthier options access to a trove of recipes that will help them create healthy, tasty plates. For more information about creating a healthy plate, visit www.choosemyplate.gov.