- 1 pound lean boneless top sirloin steak
- 3/4 cup canned no-salt-added beef broth, undiluted
- 1/3 cup reduced-sodium teriyaki sauce
- 2 teaspoons cornstarch
- 1/4 teaspoon dried crushed red pepper
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- Vegetable cooking spray
- 1 teaspoon vegetable oil
- 4 cups fresh broccoli flowerets
- 1 medium-size sweet red pepper, cut into thin strips
- 4 cups cooked long-grain rice (cooked without salt or fat)
- calories 412
- caloriesfromfat 14 %
- fat 6.4 g
- satfat 1.9 g
- monofat 2.2 g
- polyfat 0.9 g
- protein 26.9 g
- carbohydrate 60.1 g
- fiber 0.0 g
- cholesterol 54 mg
- iron 0.0 mg
- sodium 469 mg
- calcium 0.0 mg
How to Make It
Trim fat from steak; slice steak diagonally into thin strips. Combine broth and next 4 ingredients in a heavy-duty, zip-top plastic bag. Add meat; seal bag, and shake until meat is well coated. Marinate in refrigerator at least 8 hours, turning bag occasionally.
Drain meat, reserving marinade. Place marinade in a small saucepan; bring to a boil. Remove from heat, and set aside.
Coat a wok or large nonstick skillet with cooking spray; drizzle oil around top of wok, coating sides. Heat at medium-high (375°) until hot. Add meat, and stir-fry 5 minutes. Remove meat from wok.
Add broccoli and sweet red pepper to wok; stir-fry 3 minutes. Add meat and reserved marinade; stir-fry 2 to 3 minutes or until mixture is thickened. Serve over rice.