Teriyaki Amberjack Skewers
More From Oxmoor House
Other: 1 Hour
Amount per serving
- Calories: 280
- Fat: 1.8g
- Saturated fat: 0.4g
- Protein: 31.3g
- Carbohydrate: 35.5g
- Cholesterol: 56mg
- Iron: 2.5mg
- Sodium: 623mg
- Calories from fat: 6%
- Fiber: 1.8g
- Calcium: 80mg
- 1/3 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/4 cup low-sodium soy sauce
- 1/4 cup fresh orange juice
- 1/4 cup fresh lemon juice
- 1/4 cup rice wine vinegar
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 tablespoon minced peeled fresh ginger
- 1 pound amberjack fillets, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1 small red bell pepper, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1 small green bell pepper, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1 1/2 cups (1-inch) cubed fresh Pineapple
- Cooking spray
- Combine first 7 ingredients in a small saucepan; cook over medium heat 2 to 3 minutes or until sugar dissolves. Pour half of soy sauce mixture (about 1/2 cup) into a small bowl; set aside to cool.
- Bring remaining soy sauce mixture to a boil over medium heat; reduce heat, and simmer 9 to 11 minutes or until mixture is reduced by half and forms a thin syrup (about 1/4 cup). Remove from heat, pour into a small bowl, and refrigerate until ready to serve.
- Pour reserved 1/2 cup soy sauce mixture into a zip-top plastic bag. Add fish and bell peppers; seal bag and marinate in refrigerator 1 hour, turning occasionally.
- Prepare grill.
- Remove fish and bell peppers from marinade; discard marinade. Thread fish, bell pepper, and pineapple alternately onto 6 (12-inch) skewers.
- Place on grill rack coated with cooking spray; grill 3 to 4 minutes on each side or until fish is opaque. Remove from heat; brush with reserved soy sauce mixture.
- Note: If you use wooden skewers, be sure to soak them in water for 30 minutes to prevent the wood from burning on the grill.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note