Good, quick and easy - even my picky teenager ate it. Unfortunately I had to lemon juice instead of lime. Next time it will be better. More cilantro too I think.
Tequila Slaw with Lime and Cilantro
Grab a bag of packaged coleslaw mix, and you've saved yourself the time of slicing cabbage and shredding carrots. A splash of tequila adds spirit and complexity (we urge you not to leave it out), while lime juice's zing perks up earthy cabbage. Serve on tacos, alongside barbecue chicken, with grilled flank or skirt steak, or with (or on) burgers.
More From Cooking Light
Total: 5 Minutes
- Calories: 64
- Fat: 3g
- Saturated fat: 0.0g
- Monounsaturated fat: 1.7g
- Polyunsaturated fat: 1g
- Protein: 0.8g
- Carbohydrate: 6.4g
- Fiber: 1.8g
- Cholesterol: 0.0mg
- Iron: 0.1mg
- Sodium: 162mg
- Calcium: 37mg
- 1/4 cup canola mayonnaise (such as Hellmann's)
- 3 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- 1 tablespoon silver tequila
- 2 teaspoons sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/3 cup thinly sliced green onions
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh cilantro
- 1 (14-ounce) package coleslaw
- 1. Combine first 5 ingredients in a large bowl. Add remaining ingredients; toss.
MyRecipes is working with Let's Move!, the Partnership for a Healthier America, and USDA's MyPlate to give anyone looking for healthier options access to a trove of recipes that will help them create healthy, tasty plates. For more information about creating a healthy plate, visit www.choosemyplate.gov.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note