Made these for a party, but did not want to do it at the last minute or have to thread everything on skewers, so i took another reviewers advice and made the shrimp in a pan on the stove. but i still grilled the peppers & fruit. then i combined everything overnight in the fridge and served it in a dish over ice so it would stay cold. I used red pepper flakes instead of jalepeno, and added bay leaves. Got a lot of comments on how tasty it was!
Tequila Shrimp and Citrus
- 1 1/2 pounds unpeeled, large fresh shrimp
- 1/4 cup tequila
- 2 tablespoons frozen orange juice concentrate, thawed
- 2 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 jalapeño, seeded and minced
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh cilantro
- 1 red bell pepper, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1 orange, cut into 1/2-inch wedges
- 1 lime, cut into 1/2-inch wedges
- Peel shrimp, leaving tails intact, and devein, if desired.
- Stir together tequila and next 6 ingredients in a large bowl. Add shrimp; cover and chill 30 minutes.
- Alternately thread shrimp, bell pepper, and orange and lime wedges on 8 (10- to 12-inch) skewers.
- Grill, covered with lid, over medium-high heat (350° to 400°) 5 to 6 minutes on each side or until done.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Hors d'Oeuvres